News and Announcements
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
August 1, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Warren Butler, Bob Hammond, Ken Taylor, Randy Bergman, Lee Molway, Bob Werner, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Scott Parrish, Dan Flemming
Absent: Ray DeLuca
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:30
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance – $13,454.90 Ending balance – $9,824.81 See attached for details.
• Evaluations –Thanks to all that helped make it a great success. Over 50 new players joined CSSA. • Schedules – League directors make sure Anne has all the new schedules. Season will start on August 14, 2017 and will end no later than October 25, 2017
• Thursday Night League – CSSA has been Ok’d to use Skip Wells Park. They will supply all items except uniforms. Start date will be August 24th. There will be room for 4 teams. Mike Parson/Dewey Hom will be running this league and if you would like to play contact them. The vote was 10 for and 0 against for this new league, approved.
• Umpires/Scorekeepers/Stats – Everything is set and ready for the season. • League Updates – Bob, Monday morning, draft done, ready to go. Mike, American League, draft done ready to go. John, Masters, draft done, ready to go. Randy, Legacy, draft August 3rd. (Done), ready to go. Lee, Wed. morning, draft done, ready to go. Thank you to all league directors for what you do. • Rule changes – Pitching screen change: Passed 10-0.
• Rule changes – Pool players: Passed 10-0 • Rule changes – Rules of play, Mercy rules, 5 run rule: Passed 10-0.
• Rule changes – Flip flop rule: Passed 10-0 • Next meeting – August 28, 2017, 6:30 pm. Place to be determined.
• Meeting adjourned.
Tuesday August 8 2017 all fields to wet for practice.
Monday August 7 2017 all fields to wet for practice.
*CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING *
July 10, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Ray DeLuca, Mike Parson, Bob Werner, Ken Taylor, Lee Molway, John Humeston
Absent: Randy Bergman, Scott Parrish
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:40pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance – $22,624.86 Ending balance – $13,454.90 See attached for details. Voted to accept.
CPR Class a Success
Thanks to all that attended, and a special thanks to Warren Butler for taking the time to get it organized. Would like to do another class in the future.
• League updates: Monday Morning Senior will have draft on July 20th. Monday Legends will have draft on July 24th, and they have voted to go with 2 umpires. Wednesday Morning will have their draft on July 27th. American League, Masters and Legacy have yet to set dates.
• Thursday Night League at Skip Wells Park is still a work in progress. They have approximately 30 players committed so far but need around 50-55.
• Pitching Screen – discussed going to a new screen position approximately 30’ from home plate. The pitcher would pitch over the screen thus eliminating previous rules. Positive feedback from pitchers and hitters that have been using in practice games. Will be voted on at August meeting.
• New Rule changes – The following rule changes were voted on at tonight’s meeting. Constitution by-laws. Passed 8-0. Roster changes. Passed 8-0. Length of games (morning leagues). Passed 8-0, commitment line change. Passed 8-0. Others were discussed and will be voted on at August meeting.
• Next meeting: August 7, 2017. 1800 Cherokee Parkway, Acworth, GA (Jaipur Living)
Good Morning CSSA Family:
I want to thank all the volunteers that helped with the evaluations on Tuesday.
Even with the heavy rain in the area, this was the best fall turnout in recent memory.
Starting with the ladies:
Anne Ryan, kept the registration going and cross checked information with the waivers.
LaShon Butler, taking pictures of the new players.
Mike Ryan, being the bucket man and bringing balls to the pitcher.
Bob Hammond, helping with the registration and bring/distributing tryout jerseys.
Mike Parson, compiling/supplying all the data and getting it out the very next day.
Ken Taylor, supplying the paperwork.
Don DiSalvo/Bob Werner, supplying data.
Lee Molway, keeping the walkers safe outside the fence. (CRPA performed some extra work on the infields that could not be done until now because of all the rain this year).
John Humeston, keeping everyone off the infield, bringing all the needed equipment.
Tom Ballard/Warren Butler/Donny Adams, pitching batting practice OVER the net.
Ray McClure/Tom Ballard/Warren Butler, hitting fielding practice.
Troy Hooper/Ray DeLuca, playing cutoff man and 1B.
The short guy that was yelling into the bullhorn and falling over in the infield.
All the current CSSA members that referred players.
(Our analysis shows this is the best way of recruitment).
Terry Crump/Troy Hooper/ Donny Adams, special thanks for these 3 men. They drive a long way from Northwest Georgia, rearrange their softball schedules up there and have brought about 13 players into the league. This says a lot about the quality of CSSA. Thank you Donny, Terry and Troy!
If I missed anyone, contact me and I will post it in my next message.
Short Guy with the bullhorn,
R & D Handyman Service
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock