News and Announcements
Spring season is just around the corner!!! CSSA will hold their tryouts and evaluations on Sat Feb 8, Sun Feb 9, Sat Feb 15 and Sun Feb 16, 2020 starting at 12:00pm each day until 2:00pm at our home park – Hobgood Park, Woodstock, GA, located at the Corner of Bells Ferry Road and Towne Lake Parkway with evaluations being held on Field #4. If you know of anyone who is, or would be interested in joining CSSA, please encourage, call or notify them to come to these evaluations. There is never a dull moment with CSSA play!!
Player eligibility is for those men age 49 through even mid 80’s, and is based on skill levels – not ages as with some leagues. CSSA offers 8 league levels playing Monday and Wednesday mornings, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Currently we have 40 teams with approximately 400 members some of which play on multiple teams during the week. Come out and join us for fun, exercise and comradery of the finest.
League play begins week of March 23, 2020 for 10 weeks – weather permitting.
In the event of Feb inclement weather, please check website for rescheduling information.
For questions or other information requests, please contact Norm Thiem at email@example.com or call 770-757-8467.
CRPA Banquet Gary will be receiving our volunteer of the year award.
Gary Bedoe is more than a softball player, manager and supporter of the CSSA. Gary is a humanitarian. and over the years has supported and mentored young adults teaching them work ethics, honesty and self support. I have met several of these individuals and seen there growth as families and hard earning individuals. This is all done out of his pocket and time. Gary is a true friend for anyone that takes his hand to walk the line of a good citizen. I can’t be prouder to know Gary than all the individuals I have met over the years. Gary introduced me to the CSSA and has helped me understand what it means to support the local community.
Gary Bedoe is not a hubris man and most people don’t know what he has to done to make Cherokee County Georgia a better place to live.
CSSA Board of Directors Meeting
January 6, 2020
Present: Andy Tubbs, Randy Bergman, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Leland Brown, Norm Theim, Dewey Hom, Jack Delaney, John Humeston, Bob Werner, Brad Tafoya, Dick O’Connor, Donnie Adams
Absent: Ray DeLuca
Meeting called to order by Norm Thiem at 6:30pm
Minutes from December meeting were discussed and approved
Brad Tafoya was approved to be the new Treasurer. Thank you Brad and welcome.
Treasurer report: Ending balance 2019 – $4,694.81
Passed out calendar for spring of 2020
• Tryouts for spring season will held on February 8th and 9th and February 15th and 16th . They will be held at Hobgood Park in Woodstock. Time will be 12 -2 all days.
• The proposed 2020 financial was presented:
• Raise player fees from $45 to $50. Voted on and approved.
• Umpire fees – Reduce to $48 from $50. Voted on and approved.
• Eliminate AM scorekeepers premium. Voted on and approved.
• Banquet fee will remain the same at $20. Approved.
• Skip Wells League – it was discussed about moving league to Dillinger field in Cartersville because of the higher fees being charged by Cobb County to use Skip Wells. Robbie Crider is going to poll players and we will vote on this via email this week.
• Administrative fees – Anne has proposed going to a monthly fee instead of a hourly pay which we use presently. Norm will discuss with Anne on her present duties and come up with a plan that works for both parties.
• 25th Anniversay hats – we still have some left and are available for $10.
• Proposed to keep the starting age for the league at 49. Voted on and approved.
• Sponsors – we are expecting to lose between 5-8 present sponsors. We could use some help in finding some new sponsors. Sponsors are a vital part of our league. Sponsor fees will remain the same. $350 and this includes the spring and fall seasons.
• There will be a rules meeting on January 20th at Gameday. Meeting will start at 6:30pm. Anyone from CSSA is welcome to attend.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
December 9, 2019
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held 12-09-2019, at Gameday Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 7:00 PM;
Present members: Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Dick O’Conner, , Bob Werner, Ray DeLuca, Jack Dulaney & Donny Adams as well as past members Dewey Hom & Mike Parson
Absent Members: Randy Bergman & Leland Brown.
A. Minutes taken by Bob Hammond, from the 10-07-2019, meeting was discussed & approved.
B. Treasurer Report: Due to increases in:
1. Operating expenses
2. Sponsor income down
3. Administration expenses
4. Anniversary hats
5. New uniforms
6. Miscellaneous expenses,
the financial report shows that more money was spent than received. Approximately $5000, more was spent in 2019 than 2018. Ideas will be presented over the next 2 months to increase CSSA cash flow.
C. Ray will take over the Sponsorship Program in order to help get all sponsors up to date and paid prior to the beginning of the 2020 season.
D. Discussed and voted on a competitive balance of league teams for 2020. The plan of the BOD’s is to have:
1. Equal number of Tier 1, 2 & 3 players on each team
2. Enforced and overseen by each league director
3. League directors will notify each team manager/coach and explain how to identify and oversee the Tier each player is placed.
Voting passed: 7 yes, 1 no and 2 abstaining.
E. The CSSA Golf Tournament made $2000, this past month with a total of 16 foursomes. A huge thanks goes to Tom Cameron for heading up the tournament.
F. Rules update and change meeting is scheduled for Monday, 1-06-2020, at Sidelines Grille, at 6:30 PM. A follow-up meeting will be held on Monday, 1-20-2020, at Sidelines. Anyone from the CSSA is permitted to attend.
G. Dewey Hom & Mike Parson were recognized for their contributions to the league. Dewey has served on the BOD for 8 years and Mike served for 5 years. Both have resigned from the BOD for personal reasons, and a Thank You is certainly NOT enough. Their time and efforts are greatly appreciated, and their behind the scene efforts will be hard to duplicate. We wish the very best to Dewey who will continue to play & put efforts and time into the Senior Olympics Program.
Mike will also continue to play, but will also be able to spend more time with his wife who has some medical issues. We all wish her our best and ask for prayers.
H. Next BOD meeting will be Monday, January 6, 2020, GameDay Grill, 6:30 PM.
I: We have for CSSA assessment dates at Hobgood.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
The purpose of the CSSA is to promote sportsmanship,
HAVE FUN & ENJOY
R & D Handyman Service
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock