CSSA Board of Directors Meeting
April 6, 2015
Present: Dewey Hom, Commissioner, Glenn Peacock, Secretary; Ken Taylor, Treasurer; Peter Fowler, National League Director; Warren Butler, American League Director; Ray DeLuca, Senior League Director; Randy Bergman, Legacy League Director
Absent: Paul Knotts, Vice Commissioner; Ron O’Donnell, Master League Director; Mike Ryan, Lowell Lawson League Director; Terry Cartledge, Player Representative
Dewey Hom called meeting to order at 6:33pm.
Secretary Minutes: Read and discussed. Voted on unanimously to accept.
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance $9,523.56. Ending balance $10,195.92
Discussed and approved unanimously.
• Voted on National League Rule changes as per March minutes.
Pete Fowler discussed a player conduct situation, Pete Fowler along with player rep. Terry Cartledge worked out a solution.
• There was a misinterpretation of the AL stats. We are in the process of correcting the problem. Everything should be fixed and posted no later than 18th of April.
• No issues.
• In the process of equalizing roster sizes.
• No issues.
• Scorekeepers: A need for scorekeepers for Monday. Contact any board member if interested.
• The discussion of the use of masks for catchers. Masked could be supplied by the CSSA.
• CPR and AED training for scorekeepers and directors. Peter Fowler is scheduling times for approximately 6 members who have expressed an interest to be trained.
• 20th anniversary CSSA shirts are on sale at Hopgood Park on game days. $15.00 for one or $25.00 for two.
• Lowell Lawson Award. A discussion on creating an award to be presented to anyone who has made significant contribution(s) to the betterment of the CSSA. Details on qualification(s) and criteria to be discussed further at future board meetings.
• Putting up another Banner to commemorate our 20th anniversary of the CSSA.
• Need to remind players of the importance of following a code of conduct. Umpires have the authority to expel a player from the game who don’t meet our guidelines.
Next meeting: May 4th, 2015 6:30 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7.25 pm.
Glenn H. Peacock, Secretary
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service