Sept BOD Meeting
CSSA BOARD MEETING
September 20, 2021
The monthly meeting of the CSSA was held September 20, 2021, at GameDay
Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 6:30 PM.
Members present: Ray DeLuca, Dick O’Conner, Robbie Crider, John Humeston,
Bob Werner, Norm Thiem, Mike Parson, Andy Tubbs, Dewey Hom & Randy
Absent: Brad Tafoya & Leland Brown
A. Minutes from August 9, 2021 meeting were discussed & approved.
B. BOD’s discussed the budget for trophies, championship shirts and other end of
the year awards.
C. Budget was presented, and the current balance is $30,887. This includes
approx. $5000 earmarked for charitable purposes and not part of the general
operating budget. Our goal is to have a cash balance of $10,000 to pay for the first
of the year expenses including insurance, softballs, uniforms & field rentals. With
projected expenses through the remainder of the 2021 season, the balance
should be approximately $15,659. This balance will be used to get the 2022 CSSA
season off and running.
D. The contact information on ALL players must be updated ASAP. Due to player
injuries, illness, etc, the rosters have been extremely hard to keep accurate. ALL
league directors need to contact their managers and have them get all of their
players information up to date and corrected as needed. Any questions or
changes to the rosters can be addressed to Norm at the following e‐mail address:
E. Current changes to the CRPA (Cherokee Recreation & Parks Association):
1. Camille is no longer the Park Director;
2. Shawn Schumaher has been appointed as the new Park Director;
3. CRPA is interested in moving Skip Wells league to Hobgood Park;
4. CRPA is interested in making a new league for ages 40‐49 as a feeder
system for the CSSA
5. CPRA interested in allowing CSSA use of the extra field, at Hobgood Park,
on Thursday nights to be used for make‐up games.
F. Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, November 16, 2021 from 6:30 – 9:30 PM.
1. Banquet location ‐ Fendley Farmstead;
2. Ticket sales will begin the week of October 4th;
3. All ticket sales MUST be completed by October 31st in order to have an
accurate head count… NO SALES AT DOOR;
4. Ticket prices are: $25 for player and $15 for each guest;
5. Players OVER 80 will be admitted FREE;
6. We will try to use a credit card system for payments if a program can be
instituted over the next two weeks. If not, checks and/or cash will be accepted;
7. The banquet will also have some surprises and a new award;
8. We ask that everyone attending the banquet to bring at least 1
unwrapped toy to be used for: All Children Deserve a Christmas.
G. The BOD is looking for volunteers to run for a board position for 2022. It also
asks that all current board members should try to get at least 1 person to run for
an officer position. Players may also nominate themselves for a position.
Nominations should be turned into anyone of the BOD’s by October 15, 2021.
Election voting will be held at all league games the last 2 weeks of the season.
H. Nominations for the Arnold Fowler and Lowell Lawson Awards will be accepted
until October 15, 2021. The written nomination should contain a reason as to why
the person should be considered for the award, and also contain the nominating
person’s name & phone number. Nominations can be given to any BOD member,
or sent via e‐mail or regular mail to Ray DeLuca at:
2. 105 Rock Creek Drive, Canton, GA 30114
Voting for the Arnold Fowler Award will take place by the players the last 2 weeks
of the fall season. The Lowell Lawson Award will be voted on by the BOD’s and
team managers the last week of the season.
I. The fall golf tournament will be held on Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11,
2021. Thanks to Tom Cameron for heading up this fundraiser. Remember that we
ask everyone who attends to bring at least 1 unwrapped toy to be used for
children for Christmas.
J. Next BOD meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 11, 2021, 6:30 PM at
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM
Misfit Sports Apparel
Cornerstone Estate Planning
Poindexter Family Dentistry
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service