CSSA BOARD MINUTES - Feb 3, 2020
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held 2-3-2020, at Gameday Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 6:25 PM.
Present members: Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Dick O’Conner, Bob Werner, Ray DeLuca, Jack Dulaney, Andy Tubbs, Leland Brown, Donny Adams & Dewey Hom – Historian.
Absent Members: Randy Bergman & Brad Tafoya
A. Minutes from the January 2020, meeting was discussed & approved.
B. Special guest, Camille Thomas, Adult Coordinator from CPRA, spoke on several issues involving the CSSA and answered several questions from the BOD.
1. She informed the BOD of the following:
Fields will be closed on the following dates:
a. April 7 & 8 (field maintenance);
b. April 15 (high school tournament)
c. May 25 (Memorial Day)
d. June 10
e. June 22 & 23
2. Rainouts will not be made before 4:00 PM for evening games, and/or before 7:45 AM for morning games. Info concerning this matter will be made available via text message to BOD members, who will pass information onto managers/coaches.
3. Discussed some various issues/problems that exist on the fields such as inadequate water to treat fields, pitching screen availability, score board control panels, etc. Camille took notes on issues presented and will address issues to the best of her ability.
C. Four new sponsors: D-Bats, Marietta Dry Wall, A Cut Above and Caswell-Raines Real Estate have joined the league, and a few more are making decision on joining the CSSA.
D. No treasure report was available since Brad was unavailable.
E. Start of season set as follows:
1. Monday morning leagues: March 9, 2020
2. Wednesday leagues: March 11, 2020
3. Tuesday leagues: March 17, 2020
Fields will be available for practice for Tuesday and Wednesday leagues beginning March 10.
F. New rules were read, discussed and approved by BOD. The new rules were posted 14 days ago for everyone to review, and are now accepted. New Rules Book will be distributed to all managers prior to the beginning of the season. Any questions should be directed to the Commissioner and/or BOD members.
G. Continued discussion on the ‘tiering’ of players. Explanations were given & league directors will explain issues and regulate drafts.
H. A second special guest, Rush Eskridge, the GM of D-Bat gave a special presentation. D-Bat is a 30,000 sq ft facility in Kennesaw that has a areas for batting, fielding and training players. The facility will be made available to the leagues by memberships ($48 / month – unlimited use), and/or daily rental. The facility is open Mon – Fri from 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Saturday & Sunday are usually overcrowded with youth leagues that take up most of the facility.
Each team will be given a 1 time ‘free’ batting experience for the entire team. Information on this issue will be made available ASAP. Packets for ALL information on D-Bat will be sent via e-mail and/or printed as needed.
Address for D-Bat is: 3246 Odeon Way, Kennesaw, GA 30152, 678-496-7777
I. Evaluations are scheduled for the following dates and times (weather permitting):
1. Saturday & Sunday, February 8th & 9th from 12-2 PM;
2. Saturday & Sunday, February 15th & 16th from 12-2 PM
Meeting was adjourned at 9:30 PM
Door 2 Door Locks & Hardware
Lawn Doctor of Woodstock
R & D Handyman Service