2017 BOD June Meeting
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
June 5, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Jerry Bohacek, Lee Molway, John Humeston, Mike Parson, Ken Taylor, Ray Deluca, Scott Parrish, Mike Carrigan, Darryl Moreland
Absent: Randy Bergman
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:32pm
Treasurers Report: Beginning balance-$19,691.81 Ending balance -$22,624.86
See attached for details.
• CPR class Thursday, June 8th. R & M sandwich Shop, 6-9pm. Still room for more. At least 10 needed.
• Evaluations – July 11th. And July 18th. , Hobgood Park, 6pm. Referrals – it was discussed about offering $5.00 off your dues for everyone you get to sign up for the fall season. It was voted on and passed 9-0. League is also looking for someone that would like to help in marketing the league. Anyone with signs, please get them out for tryouts.
• League updates: Ray – Gold Senior is done for the season.
Jerry-2 teams still in hunt for spring title. Jerry has also
resigned his position as league director. Bob Werner will
be taking over this position. Thank You Jerry for all you
It was left out of last month’s notes, Ken Taylor will also be resigning his position as treasurer. Thank You Ken for all you have done for CSSA.
• Banquet – Ray is still talking to places. Sidelines and Fendley Farms are possibilities, but it is still open to anyone who can cater 200 people.
• Sponsors – almost all paid up for spring. League is ahead in dollars from last season.
• Rules Committee – The committee has proposed making some changes to try and standardize rules for all leagues. Changes were discussed and some revisions were to be made. These changes will be discussed again at July meeting and then will be voted on for fall season.
• By-Laws – there was also changes proposed in the by-laws. They will also be discussed at July meeting and voted on for fall season.
• Pitching Screen – Mike Carrigan has also proposed some changes in pitching screen rules. They will also be discussed again at meeting in July and voted on for fall season.
• Next Meeting, July 10, 2017 at 6:30 pm, R & M Hoagie Shop, Canton, GA
R & D Handyman Service
Poindexter Family Dentistry
Misfits Sports Apparel
Cornerstone Estate Planning