Nassau Bay Nauticats 2020 Season
The Clear Creek Swim League has handed down guidance to member teams that allows for a variety of levels of participation in the 2020 season within the rules and recommendations set out by the Center for Disease Control and the State of Texas. CCSL is also leaning heavily on USA Swimming and UIL to provide templates for safe operation.
The Nauticats Board has decided after much deliberation that it is not in our team’s best interest to pursue participation in intra-league swim meets. The Board has chosen a course of action that we hope will provide for the encouragement of community relations and social interactions with safety being our primary concern.
The current recommendations from USA Swimming are as follows:
1. Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
4. Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
5. Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
7. Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.