FAST Summer Session COVID Rules & Regulations
FAST board of directors worked with the City of Friendswood officials to set the following COVID rules & regulations for the summer swim sessions, 2021.
FAST Summer Session COVID Rules & Regulations:
1. MASKS are REQUIRED for all swimmers, lifeguards, and coaches for entry and must be worn at all times unless physically in the swimming pool or drinking beverages.
2. Only swimmers, coaches, and FAST Board members will be allowed inside the pool facility during practice sessions (as designated by the outside fence line).
3. Parents will drop off and pick up swimmers outside the pool fence line.
4. Swimmers will be assigned a designated swim lane and coach for the duration of their session to facilitate contact tracing if needed.
5. There will be no sharing of equipment such as swim goggles, water bottles or towels.
6. Swimmers or coaches should NOT attend practice if they are experiencing any COVID symptoms.
7. Parents must notify FAST immediately if their swimmer tests positive for COVID at any time during their summer session.
8. For the end of swim session “fun meet,” parents will be allowed inside the pool facility, but must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. There will be no tents or food allowed. Any family members experiencing COVID symptoms are asked to stay home. Parents/family members will NOT be allowed on the pool deck.
9. Failure on the part of parents or swimmers to comply with team COVID Rules will result in forfeiture of the swimmer’s spot on the team. There will be no refunds issued.
Thank you for helping us make FAST a safe and healthy environment for all involved, as well as complying by the city’s COVID protocols for community events.