News and Announcements
CSSA Board of Directors Meeting
January 6, 2020
Present: Andy Tubbs, Randy Bergman, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Leland Brown, Norm Theim, Dewey Hom, Jack Delaney, John Humeston, Bob Werner, Brad Tafoya, Dick O’Connor, Donnie Adams
Absent: Ray DeLuca
Meeting called to order by Norm Thiem at 6:30pm
Minutes from December meeting were discussed and approved
Brad Tafoya was approved to be the new Treasurer. Thank you Brad and welcome.
Treasurer report: Ending balance 2019 – $4,694.81
Passed out calendar for spring of 2020
• Tryouts for spring season will held on February 8th and 9th and February 15th and 16th . They will be held at Hobgood Park in Woodstock. Time will be 12 -2 all days.
• The proposed 2020 financial was presented:
• Raise player fees from $45 to $50. Voted on and approved.
• Umpire fees – Reduce to $48 from $50. Voted on and approved.
• Eliminate AM scorekeepers premium. Voted on and approved.
• Banquet fee will remain the same at $20. Approved.
• Skip Wells League – it was discussed about moving league to Dillinger field in Cartersville because of the higher fees being charged by Cobb County to use Skip Wells. Robbie Crider is going to poll players and we will vote on this via email this week.
• Administrative fees – Anne has proposed going to a monthly fee instead of a hourly pay which we use presently. Norm will discuss with Anne on her present duties and come up with a plan that works for both parties.
• 25th Anniversay hats – we still have some left and are available for $10.
• Proposed to keep the starting age for the league at 49. Voted on and approved.
• Sponsors – we are expecting to lose between 5-8 present sponsors. We could use some help in finding some new sponsors. Sponsors are a vital part of our league. Sponsor fees will remain the same. $350 and this includes the spring and fall seasons.
• There will be a rules meeting on January 20th at Gameday. Meeting will start at 6:30pm. Anyone from CSSA is welcome to attend.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30pm
CSSA BOARD MINUTES
December 9, 2019
The monthly meeting of the CSSA Board was held 12-09-2019, at Gameday Grill, and called to order by Norm Thiem at 7:00 PM;
Present members: Norm Thiem, John Humeston, Robbie Crider, Bob Hammond, Dick O’Conner, , Bob Werner, Ray DeLuca, Jack Dulaney & Donny Adams as well as past members Dewey Hom & Mike Parson
Absent Members: Randy Bergman & Leland Brown.
A. Minutes taken by Bob Hammond, from the 10-07-2019, meeting was discussed & approved.
B. Treasurer Report: Due to increases in:
1. Operating expenses
2. Sponsor income down
3. Administration expenses
4. Anniversary hats
5. New uniforms
6. Miscellaneous expenses,
the financial report shows that more money was spent than received. Approximately $5000, more was spent in 2019 than 2018. Ideas will be presented over the next 2 months to increase CSSA cash flow.
C. Ray will take over the Sponsorship Program in order to help get all sponsors up to date and paid prior to the beginning of the 2020 season.
D. Discussed and voted on a competitive balance of league teams for 2020. The plan of the BOD’s is to have:
1. Equal number of Tier 1, 2 & 3 players on each team
2. Enforced and overseen by each league director
3. League directors will notify each team manager/coach and explain how to identify and oversee the Tier each player is placed.
Voting passed: 7 yes, 1 no and 2 abstaining.
E. The CSSA Golf Tournament made $2000, this past month with a total of 16 foursomes. A huge thanks goes to Tom Cameron for heading up the tournament.
F. Rules update and change meeting is scheduled for Monday, 1-06-2020, at Sidelines Grille, at 6:30 PM. A follow-up meeting will be held on Monday, 1-20-2020, at Sidelines. Anyone from the CSSA is permitted to attend.
G. Dewey Hom & Mike Parson were recognized for their contributions to the league. Dewey has served on the BOD for 8 years and Mike served for 5 years. Both have resigned from the BOD for personal reasons, and a Thank You is certainly NOT enough. Their time and efforts are greatly appreciated, and their behind the scene efforts will be hard to duplicate. We wish the very best to Dewey who will continue to play & put efforts and time into the Senior Olympics Program.
Mike will also continue to play, but will also be able to spend more time with his wife who has some medical issues. We all wish her our best and ask for prayers.
H. Next BOD meeting will be Monday, January 6, 2020, GameDay Grill, 6:30 PM.
I: We have for CSSA assessment dates at Hobgood.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
The purpose of the CSSA is to promote sportsmanship,
HAVE FUN & ENJOY
PRESENT: Norm Thiem, Andy Tubbs, Leland Brown, Darrell Moreland, Dick O’Connor, John Humeston, Bob Werner, Bob Hammond, Robbie Crider, Don DiSalvo, Randy Bergman, Ray Bryant, Jack Delaney
ABSENT: Dewey Hom, Ray Deluca
Meeting called to order at 6:35pm
Minutes from last meeting were reviewed and approved
Financial report was reviewed and discussed and approved
Banquet update – approximately 120 tickets sold at this time.
National League director – because of voting irregularities, there will be a re-vote. Managers will be asked to have their players send their votes by email to Norm Thiem.
Proposal to create a second player rep was discussed. It was tabled and be discussed further at next board meeting.
League Specific Rules – All rules must be submitted in writing before the season to the Board of Directors where they will need to be approved.
All rules in new rules book will be discussed and will need approval. To be done at December meeting.
Proposal for a competitive balance change for all leagues. Proposed to go to a similar system used by Bob Werner and Randy Bergman in their leagues. Tabled until next meeting when options will be discussed.
Darrell Moreland resigned as Director of the Monday Morning Cornerstone League. The Board would like to thank Darrell for volunteering his time to serve in this capacity. Jack Delaney will be the new League Director. We would like to welcome Jack to the board.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05pm
Thursday November 14, 2019, the annual CSSA awards banquet will be held at Fendley Farmstead, 1287 Sardis Road, Canton, GA 30114 starting at 6:30 pm with Spring and Fall awards presentations after dinner. Prestige Catering will be doing the meal; menu choices are Chicken CorDon Bleu or Beef Fillet Medallions, salad, vegetables, rolls, drink and desert.
Prices for the banquet are $25 for player and/or $15 for spouse, friend. Included with player price is a free 25th Anniversary CSSA hat.
We need to have a count of how many are attending ASAP so if you have not bought your ticket(s) and wish to attend, please contact Anne Ryan at email@example.com asap. We can list you as a Pay-Pick up your ticket at the door that night.
We also ask that you please bring an unwrapped child’s gift in order to support our local Toys for Tots Christmas programs; while not mandatory, any toy would be appreciated in making a child’s Christmas more enjoyable.
Hope to see you there…