***PLEASE READ*** PLAYOFF WEEK DETAILS
Lady Titans LAX Family,
Wow! What a game last night, and what a season. We are about to start the playoff week starting Sunday. I have posted the Tournament schedule and details below so parents can start planning accordingly.
Our Varsity finished at the 5th seed based on the 1-goal loss to LSN last night. We will play our Quarterfinal on Tuesday evening at Rockhurst Univ. at 7:30pm. I would like all players at Rock U’s stadium no later than 6:30pm to start getting ready.
Our JV team is currently in 1st place in the metro, and we have a game tonight at 6pm vs STA. Based on the results of that game, we will either be the 1st or 2nd seed, but we will play on Sunday regardless.
By no means should we ever believe that either of these teams are not capable of winning the championship. In the JV level, we have been the dominant team all season, and have been undefeated since our last loss vs SM. At the Varsity level, we have had so many close games (1,2,3 goal losses) that if a couple of different things happen (i.e better refs, 1 or 2 more goalie saves, 1 or 2 shots that don’t miss the goal, etc…) that we can win those games vs losing them. We are capable of anything with this group of young ladies, and I am excited to see how this week plays out.
Here’s the Tournament Schedule:
*Home (higher seed) wears light colors / Away (lower seed) wears dark colors: *
• Sunday, May 6 at Blue Valley Northwest
JV game semi-final seed 1 v 4 — 4:00
JV game semi-final seed 2 v 3 — 5:00
• Tuesday, May 8 at Rockhurst Univ
Varsity quarterfinal 3 — Seed 3 v 6 — 5:30
Varsity quarterfinal 4 — Seed 4 v 5 — 7:30
• Wednesday, May 9 at Rockhurst Univ
Varsity semifinal game 1 — winner quarterfinal 1 vs winner quarterfinal 4 — 5:30
Varsity semifinal game 2 — winner quarterfinal 2 vs winner quarterfinal 3 — 7:30
• Thursday, May 10 at Rockhurst Univ
JV championship game — 5:30
Varsity championship game — 7:30
• Rockhurst University, Bourke Field (turf), 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110
• Blue Valley Northwest, 13260 Switzer Rd, Overland Park, KS 66213 (it will be at the football stadium)
Things to Note:
• $5 for each adult per night … college coaches, high school students and children free. The gate fee is to help offset the cost of field rental. Please let your parents know to expect the gate fee.
• At Rockhurst, all spectators will be required to be in the stands on the East side of the field. No non-participants are allowed in or around the driveway area on the West side of the field. In past years, we had a challenge with spectators sitting behind the benches. Please emphasize that the West side is for players and coaches only.
• If your team’s fans are sitting on the West side, you will be asked to request they move to to spectator seating.
• Each team is responsible for the behavior of its spectators. Verbal abuse of officials, players or coaches will not be allowed. Please remind your teams and spectators that good sportsmanship is required.
• Each team is responsible for keeping its own scorebook. The highest seeds’ scorebook will be considered the official scorebook. Disputes will be settled by the league-provided field manager or ranking board member.
• Each team can have two people at the scorer’s table (one to keep the book and one to spot). No coaching from the scorer’s table please.
• No concession stand is planned. Outside food is allowed into the stadium.
• A trainer will be provided by the league at no cost to the participating teams.
• The games will be played in rain. 30 minute delay for lightning. All efforts will be made to play the games as scheduled. As a last resort, organizers may move game times and days as required by weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Volunteer opportunities … free admission for volunteers if they are scheduled in advance:
• Admission gate … need 2-3 people per night to work the gate to collect gate fees at Rockhurst. League to provide table, but bring your own chairs.
• If you have volunteers, please send names, what they volunteer for, email addresses, and available days to firstname.lastname@example.org. The goal is to have volunteers work for at least one night (two games) instead of game-by-game if possible.
Let’s finish strong everyone. I love how hard our parents cheer, and how supportive they are! Truly the best club in the city!