News and Announcements
IMPROVING THE ODDS OF SURVIVAL: CPR + AED.
For every minute after the heart has stopped, the patient loses 10% of his chance to survive. Thus, after ten minutes waiting for Paramedics–the persons chances for survival are poor. CPR training and the use of a defibrillator can significantly increase this person’s chance of survival.
CSSA is setting up a class for 10 to 12 on June 8th a Thursday night.
6 pm to 9 pm.
R & M Sandwich Shop
117 W Main St, Canton, GA 30114
We really need to have individuals at the games to help.June 8th at 6:00 till 9:00.
We need to have 10 people to hold the price at $45.00
For more information: Contact Warren Butler at
Warning, Cars being vandalized in parking lot Hobgood, Keep your valuables safe.
Make sure your valuable are hidden and will not tempt the perpetrators.This warning comes from the CRPA officials.
The monthly CSSA board meeting was held on Monday, April 3, 2017, at Game Day Grille. Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM. All board members were in attendance except for; Ken Taylor, Bob Hammond, Randy Bergman and Lee Molway. However, Lee & Randy were made available via conference call.
1. Sponsor brochure’s were presented by Norm Theim. We discussed contents of brochures and/or changes that should be addressed before they are published. CSSA would like to thank Norm for all his hard work and support in this area, and for supplying the CSSA with printed schedules w/sponsors in the spring. Any additional comments or suggestions should be called into or sent to Norm ASAP.
2. Discussed the need to find interested people who wish to serve as board members in any and all positions for next year.
3. Discussed need to get more players for Monday mornings in both leagues. Currently teams are coming up a player or two short on Mondays with no additional players available.
4. Due to rain and cold-outs, we need to start coming up with plans to make up the games via double headers and/or scale back to a 10 game Spring season.
5. Mike Carrigan gave an update on pitching screens, and still working with some of the pitchers to use the screens correctly.
6. Currently the Wednesday evening league is paying an additional $10 / player for lights and scoreboard costs. We discussed that the players should only pay $5 / player and the league will pay the other $5. A vote was taken and passed 5 – 2 with 1 abstention. Also discussed the need to meet w/ CRPA to negotiate a better price for the future. Board members will try to attend the next CRPA to address this situation.
7. Last Tuesday evening’s games were canceled due to poor field conditions. We discussed the reason that CRPA gave to the CSSA for these conditions. A possible work/share proposition may be presented to the CRPA in order to get the fields ready for play when the weather or other situations present themselves.
8. Georgia CPR Training Academy has offered to teach CPR to any person within our organization for $45 / person of at least 8 people. All umpires and board members should attend as well as anyone else who is interested and associated with CSSA. We will set up a day, time and location in the near future for training. All in attendance will pay their own way.10. Meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM.
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Camille Thomas
Good morning. Due to the amount of rain that we received last night, CSSA is cancelled for tonight.
Camille Thomas, CYSA
Cherokee Recreation & Parks Agency
CSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
MARCH 6, 2017
Present: Dewey Hom, Bob Hammond, Warren Butler, Ken Taylor, John Humeston, Mike Parsons, Jerry Bohacek, Ray Deluca, Lee Molway, Scott Parrish
Absent: Randy Bergman
Dewey Hom calls meeting to order at 6:25pm
Treasures Report: Beginning balance – $3,260.69 Ending balance – $7,623.72. See attached for details.
• Uniforms – New shirts will be ready Saturday. Managers, please collect all shirts at the end of year. • Sponsors – Ray working on collecting money. Most sponsors came back this year. Still in need of a couple new sponsors. • Stats – Annie and Yvonne are ready to go for the new season. All rosters are on the website. Scott still working on i-pad training. • Evaluations – Signs seemed to work well, maybe need to get them out a little earlier next year. Evaluations went well with over 40 new players signed up. Thanks to all that helped make it run smoothly. • Draft – All went well with most teams having between 13-14 players. • Schedules – Annie will have soon. Tuesday and Wednesday nights will continue with starting times of 6:45, 8:00, and 9:15. • First aid/CPR – discussed the need to set up a class for those interested in getting certified in CPR. Umpires have first aid kits if needed. • Umpires – Mike has 3 returning umpires, 3 players that have been training and 3 backups. • Ejection rule clarification – If a player is ejected, when his spot comes up to bat it will be an out. Player must leave park immediately. A player that gets ejected will not be able to play in the next game in that league.
• Net purchase/usage – CSSA has purchased a new net. Mike Carrigan has drafted the official rules on net usage. Ken Taylor made a motion to accept rules and Lee Molway 2nd. Rules were accepted unanimously. See attachment for official rules. • League updates – nothing new to update from league directors. • Meeting adjourned. • Next meeting – April 3, 2017