News and Announcements
hi PALL families,
Just a friendly reminder that this Saturday PALL will be hosting our Closing Ceremonies for the 2019 Spring Little League Season.
We ask that all teams arrive in uniforms and line up on the outside of Field #1 outfield fences (you will see signs for your team) by 11:15AM.
Closing Ceremonies will start around 11:30AM on Field #1.
For our families who purchased Padres tickets for the Little League Padres game on Sunday, June 2nd, you can pick up your tickets at or near the snack shack from 9am – 1pm (we will not be handing them out during the actual Closing Ceremonies).
Please join us on Saturday to celebrate a fantastic Little League Season!
Celebrate with us!
2019 Closing Ceremonies will take place Saturday, June 1 at 11:30 AM following our final game on Field #1.
We ask that all teams arrive in uniforms and line up in the outfield by 11:15 AM (we will direct teams where to stand).
Closing Ceremonies will include the Cameron McAfee award presented to a player from each team. This award will be presented by the McAfee Family and is a great honor for all award recipients. We would like to show our support by having as many families as possible in attendance.
Join us in celebrating a fantastic Little League Season!
Dear PALL Families,
San Diego Crush Baseball Academy would like to invite all Poway Little League players to participate in their player skills clinic hosted from 9am to 11am on Sunday, May 19th at Poway High School. This is a 1-day clinic that is FREE to all Poway Little League players and will offer an opportunity to learn new skills and techniques taught by Poway High School coaches as well as professional playing backgrounds.
Some of what the camp will cover will be:
will review swing basics such as an efficient load and hand position, as well as a
balanced and strong swing. The mental approach to hitting will be covered as well.
will work on proper foot alignment and movement through ground balls and fly balls
along with proper body position before and during a play.
will learn tips and mechanics that will improve command and velocity.
Details and signup information are below. We are limiting our spots so don’t wait to sign up!
When: Sunday, May 19th.
Time: 9am to 11am.
Where: Poway High School Varsity Baseball Field.
What to bring: Baseball attire, equipment, cleats, and water.
CLICK the link below to register
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The document Poway_High_School_Skills_Clinic_PALL_and_PNLL.pdf was attached to this post.
Join Poway American Little League for Little League Day at Petco Park on June 2nd! Root on the Padres as they take on the Miami Marlins. Have fun with your teammates and other PALL families. All players in attendance get to participate in a parade on the field before the game. Below are all the details. Hope to see you there!
GAME TIME 3:10PM | TICKETS $14 EACH
TEAMS GET TO JOIN PARADE AROUND THE FIELD BEFORE THE GAME!!!
To order tickets:
1. Complete the order form located on PALL Website (pallbaseball.org) under the “documents” tab, under “Special Events” section. I have also attached it below.
2. Place order form and money in a sealed envelope and turn into your team parent.
• Make checks payable to Poway American Little League
3. OR Alternatively – you can fill out the form and take to the snack shack and pay via credit card
All orders must be turned into the snack shack by 5pm, Saturday, May 18.
Tickets will be available for pick up on Saturday, June 1st during our Closing Ceremonies. [Yes, we are aware that the Padres Little League day is AFTER the end of our season, it is how the Padres scheduled it and we cannot change it]
The document 2019_Padres_Ticket_Order_Form.pdf was attached to this post.
Hi PALL Families,
It is hard to believe we are more than half way through the 2019 Spring Baseball season. Thank you, families, for all of the volunteer hours you have put in so far to make our league the best – we could not do this without you.
I do have a few reminders – please take the time to read through this email.
I received a call this week from Tierra Bonita Elementary school expressing concern about the amount of trash floating around our fields and broken playground equipment.
- TRASH – We provide trash and recycle receptacles at each field, please help out in making sure trash and recyclables are placed there and not left behind. At the end of each game, if you can look around and if you see trash, we would appreciate it if you could help clean it up – if this is done each game it will not be an issue.
- SUNFLOWER SEEDS – we provide cups in the snack shack to us to collect your shells – please use that rather than spitting them on the ground and bleachers.
- PLEASE SUPERVISE KIDS ON PLAYGROUND – the playground by field #2 is open for our use during our games/practices. PLEASE NOTE -* the fenced in Kindergarten playground is NOT AVAILABLE TO US* (please make sure your kids do not play in that playground). Each week our league has 300 plus families that come to our fields and many of us have kids that play on the playground while we are there – unfortunately, after games recently the school has noticed broken playground equipment, most recently the zip line.
Parking – as you know before/after and between games there are a lot of kids around the snack shack – for their safety and the safety of our families we do not allow parking in the back lot. Please do not park in the back or drive back to drop off your players unless you have a handicap placard or pre-approved parking pass.
When we each registered our players to play this spring, we each agreed to follow the Parent Code of Conduct. I have attached it to this email in case someone wants to review/refresh their memory – we all work hard to provide a safe and fun learning environment for our kids – this code of conduct helps to make sure it happens.
Again, thank you for working with the Board of Directors, your Manager, Coaches and Team parents to make Poway American Little League an amazing place to play Baseball.
The document 2019_Parent_Contract_Form.pdf was attached to this post.